Program Dates: July 18-July 22, 2022
The camp simulates a classroom environment and provides guided opportunities for children to:
- Interact with new children and adults
- Participate in classroom-like activities such as morning meetings, circle time, show and tell, group creative projects
- Engage in field trips such as to the library or the park
- Play socializing games that promote verbal participation (“brave talking”) and spontaneous speaking
Read about us in The New York Times for more information.
Enrollment is limited and participants are selected through an evaluation conducted by staff. Referrals can be made by school personnel, mental health professionals, physicians or parents.
Costs associated with the camp are based on a sliding scale. During the application and screening process, each parent has an opportunity to meet with a representative who can answer questions concerning financial aspects of the camp.
Work for Brave Bunch
The MINT Selective Mutism (MINT SM) Program is recruiting individuals interested in serving as counselors for the 2022 Brave Bunch intensive group behavioral treatment program! This is a short-term role that will include intensive training prior to delivering treatment directly to children and families in a simulated school and summer camp setting. Counselors are paired with campers individually to support them in reaching specific goals.
- Brave Bunch 2022 is Monday, 7/18 through Friday, 7/22. Counselors are expected to be present from 8am through 5pm each day of the program.
- Counselors also need to provide flexible availability Monday, 7/11 through Sunday, 7/17, in order to accommodate “lead-in” sessions with families prior to participation in Brave Bunch.
- Attendance at counselor trainings is required on the following dates:
- Monday, 6/6 through Wednesday, 6/8 from 9am-1pm each day
- Saturday, 6/11 from 9am-3:30pm