Everyone will worry about stressful things or feel scared when confronting frightening situations. For some children, these feelings are worse than expected, or occur more frequently than they should. Some children may be so anxious that it leads to avoidance of certain situations, or to withdraw from activities they previously enjoyed. We help children overcome their fears and learn to deal with their anxiety in healthy ways.
We Can Help
Not sure about what your child is experiencing? Give us a call: 305-348-0477.
Programs & Services
- Brave Bunch Summer Program - A week-long intensive group treatment program for children ages 3-10 who have been diagnosed with Selective Mutism or have difficulty speaking in social or school situations with familiar and/or unfamiliar peers and adults. This program is modeled after the Brave Buddies summer treatment program developed by Dr. Steven Kurtz of the Child Mind Institute. For more information, visit mint.fiu.edu, call 305-348-7836 or email TheMINTProgram@gmail.com.
- Child Anxiety and Phobia Program - Cognitive-behavioral therapy and computer-based attention training programs are used to treat fears related to being separated from parents, sleeping alone, going to school, social situations, or specific objects or events. Treatment programs are available both for children with anxiety disorders and children who experience some anxiety and fears but do not have a diagnosable anxiety disorder.
- Individual Treatment - Tailored treatment that meets your child or your family’s needs. Call 305-348-0477 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Mental Health Interventions and Technology (MINT) Program - This program offers cognitive-behavioral therapy for childhood anxiety disorders, selective mutism, and OCD. Service options include in-clinic and telehealth treatments (telehealth services use secure
videoconferencingto deliver real-time, therapist-led treatment directly to families in their own homes). Call 305-348-7836, or email TheMINTProgram@gmail.com for more information.
- Psycho-educational Evaluations - Low-cost evaluations for families with children ages 5-18 to help with diagnostic status and educational planning. The evaluation includes
diagnosticclinical interview with the parent, rating scales, IQ testing, academic achievement testing and more. Parents receive a detailed report and diagnostic feedback, as well as recommendations for further testing or intervention. For more information, call 305-348-0477.
- Selective Mutism Program - Individual weekly, intensive, and group-based treatment programs offered for children with Selective Mutism and other anxiety disorders. Using cognitive behavioral therapy, this program targets the difficulties of speaking in social or school situations with familiar and unfamiliar peers and adults. For more information, call 305-348-7836 or email TheMINTProgram@gmail.com.
- Tics and OCD Program – This program offers individual and group-based behavior therapy for Obsessive Compulsive spectrum, Tourette Syndrome, and other related disorders. Using comprehensive cognitive and behavioral therapies, this program helps children better manage their tics or OCD to reduce negative impacts on their lives at home and at school. The two main treatments we offer are exposure with response prevention (ERP) for OCD and Comprehensive Behavioral Intervention for Tics (CBIT). For more information, call 305-348-2509 or email email@example.com.
Some of these programs and services may offer research opportunities to help us advance the way we treat child mental health problems. You can choose not to participate in the research opportunities.