More than one-third of children and adolescents in the U.S. are overweight or obese. When a child is overweight, it affects their self-esteem, behavior, mental health and overall well-being. Eating healthy and getting exercise are just the beginning. Through this summer program, we work with your family to turn healthy choices into lifelong habits.
Our HIP Program actively involves children ages 4-8 and their parents in promoting physical health in addition to school readiness. The program focuses on helping children to:
- Become familiar with and increase their enjoyment of healthier food
- Build a positive attitude towards a healthy lifestyle, learning, and school
- Improve on their academic and behavioral skills they need to succeed in school
- Improved ability to focus and follow classroom rules and routines
- Improved emotional functioning, self-control skills, and self-esteem
- Build teamwork, good sportsmanship, and basic sports skills
This program was featured on NBC 6 news. Learn more
Contact us or call (305) 348-1833 for more information.