The Summer Treatment Program (STP) is a comprehensive program for children with ADHD and related behavioral, emotional and learning challenges. The STP has successfully helped more than 3,000 children and families and is composed of evidence-based intensive treatments incorporated into an eight-week therapeutic summer camp setting. Group and tailored individual treatment plans are focused on improving problem-solving, academic functioning and social skills—while also incorporating recreational, age-appropriate games and group activities.
We offer training opportunities for students--both undergraduate and graduate from universities and colleges across the U.S.--through our nationally acclaimed Summer Treatment Program.
2017 positions available at STP include:
- Applications accepted through Spring 2017. No application deadline.
- We receive a large number of applications, apply early.
- Room, board, and travel expenses are not covered. Accepted staff members interested in finding roommates will have the opportunity to make housing and carpool arrangements.
- Dates, hours, salary, and responsibilities for all positions vary by program and position.
- Once positions have been filled applicants will be placed on a waiting list.
Detailed program descriptions, including daily activities, roles and responsibilities, and daily schedules, are available.
Staff Application Form and Process
Center for Children and Families—STP Internships
Florida International University
11200 SW 8th Street AHC 1 Room 146
Miami FL 33199
STP 2017 will be held at Paul Bell Middle School, 11800 NW 2nd Street, Miami FL 33182, approximately 1.9 miles from the main entrance of the FIU Modesto Maidique Campus (11200 SW 8th Street, Miami FL 33199).
Some staff training activities will take place at the Center for Children and Families which is located in Academic Health Center 1 on the Modesto Maidique Campus (MMC). Training activities may be held at other MMC locations as well. Please do not contact Paul Bell Middle School with questions regarding the STP.
CCF conducts annual training sessions for agencies who are interested in setting up and operating a Summer Treatment Program in their local area.