Nationally acclaimed, the Summer Treatment Program (STP) at the Center for Children and Families is an 8-week comprehensive summer camp program for children ages 6-12 with ADHD and related behavioral, emotional and learning challenges.
The STP also encourages parent involvement with weekly parent training sessions to develop the skills needed to change their child's behavior at home and assist in their progress. Read more about the STP featured in the Miami Herald.
Each child and family has unique needs. Our program was designed to help everyone improve:
Problem solving and skills to improve peer relationships
Learning skills and academic performance
Improve self-esteem by developing competencies necessary for daily life
Skills for parents to develop, reinforce and maintain positive changes
The vast majority of parents who’ve been through our program feel their entire family benefitted, would send their child again or would recommend the program to other parents. If you think STP may be the right fit for you, here’s how to get started:
The program runs from Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m., June 15, 2020, through August 7, 2020. Attendance all 8 weeks is required. After-Care (until 6:30 p.m.) is offered at $12 per day.
Thanks to the generous support of The Children’s Trust, we are able to offer most families scholarships of varying amounts, based on total family household income and number of family members living in the home and as verified by tax return information.
This application takes 30-35 minutes to fill out and cannot be paused. Complete the application by clicking the button below:
Highly Experienced Team
- Supervision and oversight carried out by staff with over 20 years of experience conducting effective treatment programs for children with ADHD.
- While in the classroom, children are supervised by a teacher and a developmental aide, including highly trained, undergraduate paraprofessional therapists – students pursuing advanced degrees in psychology and educational specialists.
- Psychosocial and behavioral aspects of the program are supervised by doctoral level psychologists.
- Medical aspects of program are supervised by developmental pediatricians and/or child psychiatrists and nurses.
Around the World
Founded in 1980 by Dr. William E. Pelham, Jr., the STP model has been replicated across the country and in Japan. See below for a list of other programs that follow our training:
- ADHD Summer Treatment Program at Currey Ingram Academy, Brentwood, TN
- Achievement Center, Erie PA
- Alternative Community Resource Program, Johnstown, PA
- APEX Summer Camp, Seattle, WA
- Big Apple Day Program, New York, NY
- Camp STAR, Chicago, IL
- Camp Takoda, Salt Lake City, UT
- Child Mind Institute Summer Program, NY
- Children’s Mercy Summer Treatment Program, Kansas City, MO
- Cincinnati Children’s Summer Treatment Program, Cincinnati, OH
- Cleveland Clinic Children’s ADHD Center for Evaluation and Treatment (ACET), Cleveland, OH
- Community Guidance Center, Indiana, PA
- Kurume University School of Medicine, Kurume-city, Fukuoka, Japan
- Contact: Yushiro Yamashita, MD Phone: 81-942-317565
- North Carolina Summer Program for Kids, Greensboro, NC
- NYU Child Study Center, New York NY
- Camp Baker at Judge Baker Children’s Center; Boston, MA
- Summer Treatment Program at the Summit Center, Buffalo, NY