Many families continue adjusting to balancing work, parenting, homeschooling and more due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This page provides some helpful resources during this challenging time.
Whether your child continues remote learning or is physically in school, parents can use the following resources to help their children succeed in school:
- Start a Daily Report Card at home: Our research has shown that a DRC is very helpful in motivating children to get their work done effectively and efficiently.
- Kids are schooling at home. What now?
- Help your child balance social distancing and schoolwork | Cómo ayudar a su hijos a balancear la distancia social y el trabajo escolar
- Tips for parents to manage back-to-school anxiety amid a pandemic
- Dialogic Reading: Promoting reading readiness in young children during a pandemic
- Using sleep as your family's superpower
- Helping your child with ADHD to focus
- Supporting kids with their schoolwork
- Navigating challenging behaviors: setting up a contract with your teen
- A parent's handbook to juggling it all during COVID-19
General COVID-19 Resources
- Addressing COVID-19 with kids | Hablando con los niños sobre el COVID-19
- 12 tips to help kids cope with social distancing
- Balancing parenting and work during a pandemic
- Watching smart, avoiding news overload in the time of coronavirus
- 10 tips to manage your mental health while social distancing
- Balancing screen time when the family is stuck at home
- Nudged by social distancing, teletherapy for children takes off
- Risk of teen substance use may increase while social distancing
- Six tips to survive a COVID-19 summer with your kids
- Supporting LGBTQ+ youths’ mental health during a pandemic
- Activity ideas for families at home | Actividades para las familias en casa
Our faculty members offer tips for effective parenting during the coronavirus pandemic.
Our center offers a wide range of evidence-based telehealth and in-person services for families in need. We understand this is a difficult time for many and we are here to support you.
Please visit our Families page for a list of mental health concerns we treat, and Research for a list of clinical research and research programs that continue to screen and recruit participants. If you have any concerns or questions regarding our services or your appointment, please feel free to contact your provider directly or call us at 305-348-0477. If you are experiencing an emergency, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
We continue to closely monitor the development of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and to take preventive steps to ensure we keep our community, faculty and staff members as safe as possible. We continue to ask for your flexibility during this time as we continue to update you about our activities.
How Can We Help You?
Are you a parent, caregiver or teacher in need of support during these challenging times? Let us know how we can help you by completing our telehealth support survey (available in Spanish).