Summer Program for Autism in Rising Kindergartners (SPARK)
You can download the flyer here
About The Program
School readiness program for preschoolers with high functioning Autism who are experiencing behavioral difficulties. The program targets behavioral, emotional, and academic readiness for kindergarten and includes:
- A behavior modification system
- A social-emotional curriculum
- An academic curriculum
The program also involves weekly group parenting sessions to help parents develop skills to improve their child’s behavioral and social emotional functioning.
Who can participate?
Children must be :
- entering kindergarten in the upcoming fall
- have a diagnosis or suspected diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- having behavioral challenges including hyperactivity, inattention, oppositionality, or aggression
The 8-week program will run Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. from June 19th- Aug. 10th, 2017.
To learn more about our program and begin the application process, please call (305) 348-6679.